THS Volunteer Program
- Your commitment to give us 12 hours a month of your time.
- Training class for General Ranch & Barn Policies, Safety Guidelines & Procedures and understanding herd dynamics and basic horse body language.
- All volunteers at the ranch start each day with mucking. After a volunteer has completed their first 12 hours of service, they may participate in our hands-on Forever Foundation Plan 4 Progress horse training program following morning mucking. You may also decide to help in the office/Resale Store.
I have some physical limitations, can I still volunteer?
Mucking and caring for the horses requires that you be able to lift 25# or more. You need to be able to pull a loaded muck cart, walk across our 128 acres of uneven terrain unassisted, be on your feet for at least 3 hours, etc. Bad back, shoulder, knee? This is physically demanding work, and if you have restrictions this is not the job for you.
We will also be offering free and low-fee natural horsemanship clinics to help improve your skill level and allow you more hands on responsibilities with our rescue horses.
- During this whole process, you will find yourself developing close bonds with other volunteers, as well as our horses.
- Minimum age for youth volunteers is 16 years old. Minors need a parent/guardian with them at all times when volunteering at the ranch.